crazycollector1

I entered incorrect date of death (by one day) on a tax return. How can I correct this?

Rachel_W

Have you already filed the return?
crazycollector1

I finalized on line but am unable to e-file since it's for a deceased person.  I was getting ready to mail everything and noticed the incorrect date (by one day).  Am I able to simply change it on the printed 1040?
Rachel_W

Yes, you can simply change it on the printed Form 1040.

Or, you can log back into the return, change the date of death by clicking "My Info" on the left side of the screen, click "Edit" next to the person's name, change the day, and then reprint the return.

crazycollector1

I wasn't able to see the "My Info" on the left side of the screen. . .