Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a w-2 and can't get it since the business has closed, i cant fill out a 4852 because i received direct deposits and no stubs, irs sent me to id.me not there

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I don't have a w-2 and can't get it since the business has closed, i cant fill out a 4852 because i received direct deposits and no stubs, irs sent me to id.me not there

Do you think they took any taxes out?  Did you get a W2 from them for 2022?  Maybe they paid you as a 1099independent contractor.  That is reported differently.

if you were a w-2 employee, that leaves only one option to contact the Social Security Adm to see if they have a copy.  I will say even with direct deposit it's surprising you didn't get paystubs.  Perhaps as @VolvoGirl suggested you were being treated as an independent contractor. However, that's may not be the case since most employers would be reluctant to do direct deposit for an IC 

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501 

if they don't have a copy which is possible since the iRS doesn't have a copy, you'll probably need to confer with a tax pro as to your best course of action. 

before doing that, you could

contact the IRS by phone 800-829-1040 or schedule an appointment with the iRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (see below).  You’ll provide the agency with your name, contact information, and Social Security number. You’ll also provide the name, EIN (Employer Identification Number), and contact information for your former employer, as well as your dates of employment and an estimate of wages and federal income tax withheld for the tax year

https://apps.irs.gov/app/office-locator/ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies