Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k-groen

I don't have a bank account but I do have a Green Dot Money card. Can that be used for a direct deposit? I have my work check deposited into this. Thank You, Belinda J

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Heather14

I don't have a bank account but I do have a Green Dot Money card. Can that be used for a direct deposit? I have my work check deposited into this. Thank You, Belinda J

When you fill out your tax return, simply enter the Green Dot Bank routing number and direct deposit account number in the space provided on your tax form. Note that for direct deposit and tax refund purposes, your card is designated as a "checking" account, check that box on your tax form.  To find out what your routing and account numbers are for your card, you will go to the following link and follow the instructions on the GreenDot site: 

https://www.greendot.com/greendot/account/tax-season

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Heather14

When you fill out your tax return, simply enter the Green Dot Bank routing number and direct deposit account number in the space provided on your tax form. Note that for direct deposit and tax refund purposes, your card is designated as a "checking" account, check that box on your tax form.  To find out what your routing and account numbers are for your card, you will go to the following link and follow the instructions on the GreenDot site: 

https://www.greendot.com/greendot/account/tax-season

k-groen

Geeze that was fast!!! Thank you so much. I was afraid I'd have to wait days before an answer! Thanks again!! Belinda

I have a MyVanilla prepaid card to use

@boochrissy81 Get your routing & account numbers from the MyVanilla site and enter them in TurboTax when asked.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies