Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcardillo

I do not see the state taxes paid on my 1099-R on my state return. Where do they get entered? (I entered them during the fed return. I still don't see them.)

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dcardillo

I do not see the state taxes paid on my 1099-R on my state return. Where do they get entered? (I entered them during the fed return. I still don't see them.)

I got help from a TurboTax representative over the phone. We printed (saved) the state return with all of the worksheets. We went through the worksheets and verified the taxes paid were accounted for by TurboTax and included in the total. That's the part I was missing — how much of the taxes paid were from income, and how much was from other sources. (Yes, I know I'm the one who entered it, but I didn't add them all up myself — that's why I rely on software.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jmbj98

I entered all the info from the 1099-R into the federal section, including federal and state taxes paid. The federal amount appears on my federal return as taxes paid. The state return does not show the taxes paid. Where can I check the amount and/or enter it manually?
dcardillo

I got help from a TurboTax representative over the phone. We printed (saved) the state return with all of the worksheets. We went through the worksheets and verified the taxes paid were accounted for by TurboTax and included in the total. That's the part I was missing — how much of the taxes paid were from income, and how much was from other sources. (Yes, I know I'm the one who entered it, but I didn't add them all up myself — that's why I rely on software.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies