Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

singabir

I didn't receive my full federal refund

after a letter is there any chance of getting the remaining ? or you have to appeal and sh....

Its that high because of adoption credits....its been high for the past 3 years for that reason and its never been an issue
toyin

I think there is fraud goin on with Turbo tax. This same thing happened to me. My refund was suppose to be $5,954 sent on Wed. A deposit was made into my account for half the amount of my refund tuesday evening which came to $3,507. There was an ofset but it was only for 240 dollars. I called the IRS and they said that was all i owed and the rest was deposited into my acct. I dont owe any one else. Been calling all over since yesturday to see why im missing almost 2500 dollars but no answers. I know i requested to have my fees taken out from filing with turbo tax but that was only like 100 dollars. I truely am confused and extremely fraustrated! The answers that im seeing on here are not helping. I just dont understand why so many people are complaining about this and theres no investigstion. I just want the rest of my money. I have followed all the steps suggested. What should i do next?

Are you sure your FEDERAL refund was $5954?  Federal and state refunds come at different times. Or maybe your offset was $2400, not $240? $5954 minus $3507 equals $2447.
rybone31

Mine was 3.963 and I only got half that
rybone31

So I’m just suppose too wait for the irs
rybone31

So I’m just suppose too wait for the irs

Rybone31 are you still waiting for your letter from the IRS? I was just wondering how long it took. The same thing has happened to us. Our refund was supposed to be 2,113.00 and received 1,459.45. I’ve called the IRS no offsets found in their system but all a recording. So Frustrating!!! I just want to talk to a human being....,

Rybone31 are you still waiting for your letter from the IRS? I was just wondering how long it took. The same thing has happened to us. Our refund was supposed to be 2,113.00 and received 1,459.45. I’ve called the IRS no offsets found in their system but all a recording. So Frustrating!!! I just want to talk to a human being....,

singabir

I have received their letter and I sent out documents they asked for, and it took them three weeks to send another letter saying that they have received my response that they will let me know what they have decided by June 12. I can't tell you how frustrated I'm.
iroc91

Same
seanbaity

Same thing here. Was supposed to get about $10k back, only got $6k. IRS letter says "they changed my 2017 1040 to match our records of your estimates tax payments." WTF is Turbotax good for if it can't properly calculate estimated tax payments? Pathetic.

You are the one who enters the actual estimated tax payments that you made.
drmccg

The same thing happened to me. I thought the money was going to state taxes I owed but now, a year later, the state never received any money and I never got a letter from the IRS! Something is definitely up.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies