Janine-Parker

I didn't get the last 4 digits correct on my direct deposit account and now I'm afraid someone else's account may get my refund. Is there any way to get that changed?

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit.

If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will just mail you a refund check.

And if the info you entered happens to be someone else's account, don't worry – banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where the names don't match up however contact your bank just in case and alert them of what happened. 

Now, if your recently-filed return is in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected.

·        If rejected, simply open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return (don't forget to also take care of whatever problem caused the rejection).

·        If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail.

Related Information:

·        What if I entered the wrong account for direct debit, or my account has insufficient funds?

·        What's the difference between direct deposit and direct debit?