Solved: I did not receive a 1098-C for my car donation- only a letter. Why is Turbo tax telling me the worth is 0 when I have the letter confirming a $500 write-off?

I did not receive a 1098-C for my car donation- only a letter. Why is Turbo tax telling me the worth is 0 when I have the letter confirming a $500 write-off?

What you have is a substitute 1098-C.

Tell the program that you have a 1098-C, and enter the info from the letter. "Letter" isn't a category that TurboTax understands.

Make sure that you hang onto the letter, in case the IRS contacts you to complain that they can't find the 1098-C.

What you have is a substitute 1098-C.