Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not receive 1099 and I don't know if I paid anything last year or not . Do I need to refill last years taxes before doing my 2023 tax return ?

I did not know my son claimed himself last year & so I claimed him , as I always have, so i guess they got rejected 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I did not receive 1099 and I don't know if I paid anything last year or not . Do I need to refill last years taxes before doing my 2023 tax return ?

Your post is pretty confusing.  Not sure what kind of 1099 you are talking about---there are over a dozen kinds.  And only you would know if you paid tax due last year.  TurboTax never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax due.  Your own bank or credit card statements are your proof that you paid the IRS or state.

We do not know if you filed successfully last year---we cannot see your account.

What does it say in your account?  Does it show that the return was accepted?   Or does it say something else---like "rejected," "printed," or "ready to mail?”   If it does not say "accepted" then it was not filed.

If there was a mixup with your son saying incorrectly that he could not be claimed, then that would have caused your return claiming him to be rejected.  You could have filed it by mail last year after it was rejected.   Your son needs to amend his return to correct the way he answered the question in MY INFO that asked if he can be claimed.  You do not have to wait for him to amend.

If you did not file 2022, then you can still do so, but the return will have to be filed by mail.  E-filing is permanently closed for 2022 returns.  You need to print, sign and date it in ink, and mail it in.

You are posting from TurboTax Live.  You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies