Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I did not get one of those 99 forms

What are you going to do now
my taxes need done
2 Replies
Level 15

I did not get one of those 99 forms

What forms are you referring to?  A form 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC?

Are you self-employed?  If so, you can enter your income as cash if you have not received either a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC.

Level 15

I did not get one of those 99 forms

Simple answer: you file your taxes from your own records.  You don't need any of those 99 forms.


That said, you run the slight  risk of not matching the IRS computers if a form 1099 was issued and the IRS got their copy and you didn't get yours.  If you were expecting a 1099, contact the organization you were expecting it from, to try to get a copy.


The IRS considers undocumented cash income (no W-2 or 1099-NEC), for work performed, to be self employment income. You report the income from your own records. Enter at "Business Income & Expenses" and TurboTax (TT) will complete Schedule C for you and allow you to deduct any expenses associated with this income. You'll also have to pay self employment tax (social security & medicare tax) on any profits greater than $432.


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies