Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not file with TurboTax for 2019. For my refund I received a paper check and would like to switch to direct deposit for the covid 19 stimulus package. Am I able to do this through TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I did not file with TurboTax for 2019. For my refund I received a paper check and would like to switch to direct deposit for the covid 19 stimulus package. Am I able to do this through TurboTax?

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

The free TurboTax Stimulus Registration product is designed to help you register with the IRS if you’re not required to file a tax return, to get your stimulus money.

The product is only for people who normally don’t need to file a return.

The product doesn’t work if you:

• Already filed your taxes with TurboTax and need to add/update your direct deposit info.
  • Filed your taxes with someone else.

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/who-can-use-the-turbotax-stimulus-registration-pro...>

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have received my stimulus check on my turbo tax card....but I did not have any fees taken out my refund ...or did I receive a loan.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You will need to do this directly with the IRS. Select this website link and select  get my payment to enter your direct deposit information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies