Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my tax return on the 14th of April I had to completely do paper check for our return! So was I supposed to copy the documents and sign them and mail them in myself

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I did my tax return on the 14th of April I had to completely do paper check for our return! So was I supposed to copy the documents and sign them and mail them in myself

If you did not e-file the tax return, then you have to print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.

You have to include the Form 1040 and any other completed forms or schedules which have an Attachment Sequence Number located in the upper right of the corner of the form or schedule.

Include all forms W-2 and 1099's which have taxes withheld with the return.

If taxes are owed and you are paying by check, then use the Form 1040-V Payment Voucher.  Mail to the address on the voucher along with your check.  The tax return and the voucher are mailed to separate addresses.

Your post is not clear on whether you e-filed or chose to file by mail---only that you chose to receive a check for your refund---which you can do whether you e-file or file by mail.

Did you e-file?   If you e-filed, you do not mail in anything; it was all done electronically.  Save your tax documents and print a copy of your return for your own records.   If you chose to file by mail, you have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.    When you file by mail, you have to print it, sign and date the return in ink, and mail it to the IRS and state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies