yenlonarf

I did a adment to taxes.TheIRsent me the refund before the adment. now what do I do?.

Lisa995

That's correct.  You still receive the original refund.  Once you've received that refund, then you print, sign and mail in the amended tax return (Form 1040X) for it to be processed.  

If the refund should have been lower due to the amendment, you pay in the difference with the amended return when you mail it.

If the refund should have been higher due to the amendment, then the IRS will mail a refund check for the difference once they've processed the amended return.

You cannot e-file an amended return, if you think this is what has occurred, it hasn't.  You MUST print and mail an amended return in for processing.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Lisa995

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪