Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lacharah1

I chose direct deposit for my return but my tax preparer had it set up to go to there bank first then to my bank but my card only holds 10,000 dollars my refund is more.

Can my refund be sent back to my tax preparers bank so they can cut a paper check or do I have to wait because my bank has told me they haven't received any direct deposit for my returns to even reject it.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MicheleR

I chose direct deposit for my return but my tax preparer had it set up to go to there bank first then to my bank but my card only holds 10,000 dollars my refund is more.

You cannot change your refund options through TurboTax after the return has been filed

If the return is rejected you can make changes prior to refiling. At this point, you will have to wait for the IRS to process your refund. You can, however, contact the IRS to stop the direct deposit at which point they will issue you a check mailed to the address on file.

Per the IRS  Refund Deposit Inquiries/Issues

• If the return hasn't already posted to our (IRS) system, you can ask us to stop the direct deposit. You may call us toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
  • Generally, if there is an issue with the deposit and if the financial institution recovers the funds and returns them to the IRS, the IRS will send a paper refund check to your last known address on file with the IRS.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies