turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a green dot card this year instead of a netspend card .has anyone else received a green dot card ?any problems with the green dot ?

Also does the I.R.S DEPOSIT at all times or are there certain times they deposit on a turbo tax green dot card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a green dot card this year instead of a netspend card .has anyone else received a green dot card ?any problems with the green dot ?

The date that the IRS gives you is the date deposited to your account , It may take the bank one to five days for them to update the deposit

View solution in original post

35 Replies

The date that the IRS gives you is the date deposited to your account , It may take the bank one to five days for them to update the deposit

kimmienev

I have gotten netspend every year for refund, this year it's turbo tax card. I still haven't recieved card, been since 2/24/18. I always recieved netspend within 5 days, and always before refund. Well refund us sitting in card, and its not arrived.

You may have to contact turbo tax so they can reissue you another card and see if they can expedite it.  You can contact them at:  1-855-646-8848.
kat59701

I got the card , today it says it is closed , I still have 2000 on the card and no live person to ask what the hell happened!!! I will never use the card for taxes again
kat59701

Also when I called they said it was closed and I would not be able to open an account with this bank again?? WTH?

Since this happened IRS should be issuing you a check then, Just contact the IRS to see if a check was mailed out.  1-800-829-1040
kat59701

I called and the irs said the refund was sent to my card on feb 28... so I guess I am just screwed out of the 2100.00 that the turbo tax card took from me when they closed my account

They can't take your money if they closed your account , you automatically issue you a check.
kat59701

The irs did not close my account the turbo tax card did, and when I call the number on the back of my card all I get is a robot, I enter all my info and it says this account has been closed and will not be able to open another account! So who will send me a refund? Turbo tax?
kat59701

How do I get ahold of turbo Prepaid Visa to ask them to send me a check when no one will answer the phone and it hangs up as soon as they say this account has been closed?

Im going to give you turbo tax customer care number so they can look into this for you.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041</a>
kat59701

Turbo tax cannot help, they said that once the refund isthe prepaid card it’s no longer their account

Well the next thing you can do is contact the IRS so they can investigate this and get your money back to you.  1-800-829-1040
kat59701

Already tried that, the IRS said they sent to card and they have no more to do with it
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies