Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my taxes, but it is still showing my previous tax amounts that are now "accepted" What should I do next? Will this problem correct itself?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I amended my taxes, but it is still showing my previous tax amounts that are now "accepted" What should I do next? Will this problem correct itself?

No you have a problem.  They only get the first one you send.  You are not suppose to "amend" or change your return after you file.  Did you actually do an Amended return or just change your return?  An Amended return is a special process and isn't ready to do yet.

You can't just change your return.  You first have to wait until your original return gets accepted or rejected which won't be until Jan  29 when the IRS starts processing them.  If it rejects then you can fix it and resend it.

But it it is Accepted you have to wait some more until it is fully processed and you get the first refund, THEN you can  do an amended return.  Amended returns can only be printed and MAILED.  You can't amend until late February.

If you did start an amended return you need to undo it and put your return back to the way it was when you originally filed it.  How to delete an Amended return,  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552802-how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbotax-onli...

After you undo the Amended return then take out the changes you did.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No you have a problem.  They only get the first one you send.  You are not suppose to "amend" or change your return after you file.  Did you actually do an Amended return or just change your return?  An Amended return is a special process and isn't ready to do yet.

You can't just change your return.  You first have to wait until your original return gets accepted or rejected which won't be until Jan  29 when the IRS starts processing them.  If it rejects then you can fix it and resend it.

But it it is Accepted you have to wait some more until it is fully processed and you get the first refund, THEN you can  do an amended return.  Amended returns can only be printed and MAILED.  You can't amend until late February.

If you did start an amended return you need to undo it and put your return back to the way it was when you originally filed it.  How to delete an Amended return,  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552802-how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbotax-onli...

After you undo the Amended return then take out the changes you did.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies