Castillo19

I amended my 2019 taxes due to my son claiming himself what happens with the stimulus check?

My son received stimulus check of $1000 he is 16 and I amended my 2019 taxes due to him claiming himself by accident
ColeenD3

According to the IRS, children are not entitled to the stimulus check, even if not claimed. How do you know it is a stimulus check and not a refund check?

If he claimed himself he is the one that needs to amend to say he can be claimed.  Did your return reject because he claimed himself?  If your return rejected you do not amend.  And you don't need to change your return.  You will have to print and mail your Original return and claim him.

If you started an Amended return you need to delete it.  

You can delete the amended return this way.  Do the steps slowly and carefully.  After you delete it then you need to manually take out the changes you made to put your return back to the original return.

How to delete an Amended return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbota...