janet-s

I amended 3 years of returns to account for h.s.a. issue. 2 of the 3 amendments were accepted by IRS to apply to 2018 return. How do I do this?

BMcCalpin

Are you saying that when you did the amended returns, that you got a refund on the 1040X (form for amended return), and the IRS told you to apply the refunds to your 2018 return?

If this is the case, then do a Search for "estimates paid" (lower case without the double quotes) and jump to it.

This will open the Estimates Tax Paid interview.

Scroll down to 2017 Refund Applied to 2018. Click on Start for "2017 refund applied to 2018 federal taxes". Enter the amount on the next screen.

Note: this will not match the IRS' records for 2017, but if the IRS told you to do it, this is one way that you can. Keep all the paperwork (and whatever the IRS told you) safe in your tax file in case someone ever writes to you wondering where this "refund" came from.

***If this is not what you meant, please repost your question with more details***

BMcCalpin