Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dandkhosp

I am trying to delete a form K-1. Your help section provided instructions about deleting in from. However, it says to open a return. Is this 2019 return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I am trying to delete a form K-1. Your help section provided instructions about deleting in from. However, it says to open a return. Is this 2019 return?

No - the 2020 return.  If you are trying to delete a K-1 that may have transferred over from 2019 to your 2020 return, please follow these steps:

To delete a K-1, you need to delete the “triggers” that caused it to be activated.  

TurboTax CD/Download 

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income > I’ll choose what I work on. [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Personal Income > I’ll choose what I work on].
  2. Under Business Items, click on the box next to Schedules K-1, Q.
  3. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to the type of entity that issued the K-1 (partnership, S-Corp., or Estate/Trust].
  4. If you have already entered K-1 information or it transferred from last year, you will see the [Type of Entity] K-1 Summary screenClick Delete next to the name.

TurboTax Online

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Personal Income > I’ll choose what I work on].
  2. Under S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts, click on the box next to Schedule K-1
  3. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to the type of entity that issued the K-1 (partnership, S-Corp., or Estate/Trust].
  4. If you have already entered K-1 information or it transferred from last year, you will see the [Type of Entity] K-1 Summary screenClick Delete next to the name.
sharpytt
Returning Member

I deleted the form that carried over from last year, and I exited TT and went in again. When I run Smart Check, it still has a problem with a Schedule K-1, now it's saying the name is missing. I don't have a K-1, so how do I avoid this error? I did the above based on what I read in the help threads on this topic, but I'm still having the problem.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

You may also need to delete the form from your return.  Since you are running the "Smart Check", I'm assuming you are working in a TurboTax desktop version.  To ensure the form is deleted as well as the data please follow these steps:

1. Within your return use the Forms icon at the upper right of your screen to switch to forms mode
  2. Scroll down the list on the left to find your K-1 (whether Partner or S-Corp) and click on it
  3. At the bottom of the preview screen click the Delete Form button to delete the form
  4. Use the Step-by-Step icon at the upper right to switch out of forms mode
  5. Under the Federal Taxes tab click Smart Check to run the check again

@sharpytt

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies