turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Adam80
Returning Member

I am in the process of amending my 2019 return but i havent submitted it yet because im really confused about something and ive got to get finished with it today. Is

Okay i will go get those numbers for you and come back and share it with you....but what you're saying about the refund a meter at the top of the left hand side of the page doesn't matter what it says?? And could it be perhaps that the difference between the $4,640 that I received in my refund on my original return in 2019 and what it's saying now being $4,084 that I'm getting back now after I'm done amending it would be all that matters? Would be what I would actually owe meaning $556??? 

I am in the process of amending my 2019 return but i havent submitted it yet because im really confused about something and ive got to get finished with it today. Is

Yes ... that meter reflects what is on the form 1040  NOT the 1040X  so if you didn't look at the 1040X when you posted then I can see you being very confused.   $2000 x 25% = $500 would be about right for adding SE income (15% SE taxes + 10% federal taxes).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies