Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dunlap1

I am in need of the efile signature page for my 2016 federal tax return. How can I obtain this document?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am in need of the efile signature page for my 2016 federal tax return. How can I obtain this document?

There is not an e-file signature page when using TurboTax software to complete and file a tax return.  Your tax return is self-prepared so no signature page is required.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There is not an e-file signature page when using TurboTax software to complete and file a tax return.  Your tax return is self-prepared so no signature page is required.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Who is asking you for an "e-file signature page"? Ask them to show you an example of exactly what they mean by an "e-file signature page," or to tell you what form number it is. If they are looking for Form 8879, that is not used when you file your tax return yourself with TurboTax. Form 8879 is used only to authorize a paid tax preparer to file your return for you. If someone is asking you for Form 8879, either they think you paid someone to do your tax return, or they don't understand how tax returns are filed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies