turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxhelp2024
Returning Member

I am extremely frustrated and can't seem to find any legitimate answers. Does anyone actually know what this means and what I need to do?

I should have received my tax return by no later than today; however, I haven't even received an update and can't get any answers.

My return was accepted by the IRS on 2/4. My transcripts had N/A listed on 2023 up until this past Friday morning and finally updated. I expected to see an 846 code, but instead received a 570 additional account action pending.

The IRS can't seem to explain to me why what this additional account pending error is and refuse to tell me what they're doing to get it resolved. I haven't received any notices and was told none have been sent or show as being on hold to be sent in the future. I don't have any offsets and definitely do not owe any money. I don't need to verify my identity. I have triple checked the information entered for my w2 and 1099's, everything is accurate.

The date listed beside the 570 code is 3/11. I asked an IRS rep if this hold issue on my return will be corrected by this date for sure. They were unable to see any of the information I was referring to and kept repeating most refunds are issued within 21 days. I could not get a straight answer or even an acknowledgment. I have called and talked to 4 IRS reps and each person gives different information and nothing has been consistent or in the least even seems credible.

I have reached out to my employer to ensure my W2 was submitted on time to the IRS and they ensured me that everything was 100% submitted correctly and on time. 

I am in desperate need of this money this year. I have a disabled son that needs this money for a therapy program he was accepted into. It's a program not covered by insurance but if accepted I knew I could use my tax refund to cover the costs. I have to pay the balance for the program by the 2nd week of March and wasn't concerned at all since I filed in plenty of time to receive my refund and get this paid in full. 

I don't know where else to turn or who to call. Does anyone have any credible answers as to what to do? Is there a specific department for this hold I can contact within the IRS and if so what is that phone number/extension?

I have to get a resolution asap or he will lose his spot in this program that we have waited over 9 months to get approved for. There has got to be someone who knows what to do and who to turn to for immediate help.

I called the IRS last Friday twice and got nowhere after hours on hold. I have called twice again today and it's been the same thing. I have literally spent all day on the phone with the IRS since they opened this morning to hold for hours and absolutely no resolution. I am honestly at my wits end and have been in tears desperately trying to get answers and find out what to do or what steps to take to fix this now. 

Please someone help at least get me in the right direction as to who I need to talk to and how to get in touch with the right person. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Taxhelp2024
Returning Member

I am extremely frustrated and can't seem to find any legitimate answers. Does anyone actually know what this means and what I need to do?

Update or lack therof* 

I just finished my 3rd phone call today to the IRS simply attempting to locate the correct department or obtain the appropriate extension for the area that handles this type of hold and again NO HELP. 

The representative placed me on three 5-7 minute holds that were all much longer than that. Each time they came back on the line they acted confident they would have an answer after the next hold. The final time he came back on the line he stated that it looks like there's currently no information and I will just simply have to wait for up to 120 days, but just keep in mind it may take longer than that but you'll receive a letter after that time frame passes if it will be longer. He didn't give me a chance to ask anything further after my patiently waiting on hold for all that time and just said if that's all I can help with thanks for calling and he was gone. 

What's the point in having a phone number to contact the IRS for assistance if it's impossible to get help whatsoever?

I still don't know which department to speak with, if there is an alt IRS phone number I should be calling for holds, what option I should choose on the phone menu to ensure I'm getting transferred appropriately or the correct extension to reach someone who actually does handle these holds. 

TAX ADVOCATE

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your area's IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/TAS_CaseCriteria_061120.pdf 

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/can-tas-help-me-with-my-tax-issue/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies