Taxhelp2024
Returning Member

After you file

Update or lack therof* 

I just finished my 3rd phone call today to the IRS simply attempting to locate the correct department or obtain the appropriate extension for the area that handles this type of hold and again NO HELP. 

The representative placed me on three 5-7 minute holds that were all much longer than that. Each time they came back on the line they acted confident they would have an answer after the next hold. The final time he came back on the line he stated that it looks like there's currently no information and I will just simply have to wait for up to 120 days, but just keep in mind it may take longer than that but you'll receive a letter after that time frame passes if it will be longer. He didn't give me a chance to ask anything further after my patiently waiting on hold for all that time and just said if that's all I can help with thanks for calling and he was gone. 

What's the point in having a phone number to contact the IRS for assistance if it's impossible to get help whatsoever?

I still don't know which department to speak with, if there is an alt IRS phone number I should be calling for holds, what option I should choose on the phone menu to ensure I'm getting transferred appropriately or the correct extension to reach someone who actually does handle these holds.