Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am amending a tax return and it keeps asking me to correct my payment date and it won't accept any answer no matter how many times I change it, what should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am amending a tax return and it keeps asking me to correct my payment date and it won't accept any answer no matter how many times I change it, what should I do?

Forget about the payment date.  You cannot e-file anyway.  E-filing is closed.   You can only print, sign and mail your amended return now.   You can include a check or money order with your Form 1040X or you can pay directly on the IRS site.

https://www.irs.gov/payments

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

In the FILE tab choose to mail in the return AND mail in the payment even if you will pay another way.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies