Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am 19 and tried filing my state. I didnt review it until after I filed which shows pending. It show I put earned income credit. this is wrong . how to remove it?

how do I change my state tax info before it is filed. it is pending .
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am 19 and tried filing my state. I didnt review it until after I filed which shows pending. It show I put earned income credit. this is wrong . how to remove it?

If you are under the age of 25 you are not eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit.  If you entered your correct date of birth in the My Info section of the program, TurboTax would not have calculated an EIC on your tax return.

Look at your Form 1040 Line 27.  There should not be an amount entered.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Once you submit your return it is like dropping it in the mailbox.  You cannot make any changes without amending your return.

At this point, do not do anything until you get a response from the state as they may make the changes on their own.  Which state?  Every state has different rules so you may or may not qualify, but are you sure you received it because if it is an age thing and you put in your correct age, TurboTax would not give you the credit if you do not qualify.  The only way you qualify if you are under 25 is if you have a child for federal. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies