Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already submitted my tax return but now realize I didn't enter mortgage insurance and tax info. How can I redo that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I already submitted my tax return but now realize I didn't enter mortgage insurance and tax info. How can I redo that?

You can amend your return.  Wait until your original return is processed and you receive your refund or balance due then amend.If you want to change or correct some info on a prior-year tax return after you've filed, you may need to amend your return. Here are some things to know before you begin:

• You have three years from the date you filed your return or two years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment.
  • Make sure you really need to amend.
  • Wait until your return has been accepted (or mailed if paper-filing).
  • Use the same TurboTax account you used to file your original return.
  • Once you begin your amendment, you'll see your original return. Only make changes to the areas of your return that need amending. The refund calculator will start new at $0 and only reflect the changes in the refund or tax due.
  • Any changes you make to amend your federal return will automatically be transferred over to your state return.

Select your product below and follow the instructions.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax Desktop

If you want to track the status of your amended return, use the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool. Allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies