Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I accidently filed my taxes using the wrong W2, what should I do?

Yes I hope everything works out too. I’ve been stressing out about it. Hopefully I get it in a week or two. Thank you again.

Hobsonch031612 did you have to do anything else besides verify your ID? How did you verify it? Was it on the computer?
Cricotta

Can you call and find out if you need your I.d verified ? Or will they lie to you ? Or tell you to wait for the notice ?

Hobsonch031612 did you have to do anything else besides verify your ID? How did you verify it? Was it on the computer?
aprilv80

The wait time is awful.  I didn't have to verify my ID.  I filed my taxes on 2/10 and the IRS accepted my return. I rec'd a letter (#4464C) dated 3/25/19 saying my income is being verified and they will contact me if needed. It also said wait 60 days before calling to check on status.  I called 5/24 and was told they need more time, call back in 3 weeks.  I called again on 6/14 and was finally told my W2 amounts were wrong. It turns out that I somehow entered 2017 amounts instead of 2018 so I was told to amend the return. They didn't send my refund yet. She said the difference will be sent after I file the amended return. Hope this helps...

Alibaba

@Criotta 

did you ever get your tax return and if you did they change the information from the wrong w2 u entered or did you have to amend it 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies