Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally amended my return because I thought I messed it up. It turns out I did not mess it up but now it is saying I am not getting a refund anymore.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I accidentally amended my return because I thought I messed it up. It turns out I did not mess it up but now it is saying I am not getting a refund anymore.

The amended return shows the difference between your original return refund and what your refund would have been had you filed the return with the amended changes. Since you did not have any changes on the amended return, the difference would be $0. You will still receive the amount of refund from your original return.

Unless you printed and mailed your amended return form 1040X, nothing has gone to the IRS with any changes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The amended return shows the difference between your original return refund and what your refund would have been had you filed the return with the amended changes. Since you did not have any changes on the amended return, the difference would be $0. You will still receive the amount of refund from your original return.

Unless you printed and mailed your amended return form 1040X, nothing has gone to the IRS with any changes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies