turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blogozar

HSA disbursements; I put $61 but should have put $130.42 - all used at the dentist. My taxes were filed and accepted. Should I fix it on Turbo Tax with Amend form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

HSA disbursements; I put $61 but should have put $130.42 - all used at the dentist. My taxes were filed and accepted. Should I fix it on Turbo Tax with Amend form?

Making this minor change to your HSA disbursements will have little or no effect on your tax liability.  I would do nothing, but realize there is a possibility that the IRS will send a letter with a proposed change.  You can respond by letter saying it was a typo and that all $130 of the distribution were used to pay for qualified medical expenses. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Making this minor change to your HSA disbursements will have little or no effect on your tax liability.  I would do nothing, but realize there is a possibility that the IRS will send a letter with a proposed change.  You can respond by letter saying it was a typo and that all $130 of the distribution were used to pay for qualified medical expenses. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies