Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was accepted and then amended the return. IRS says it disbursed by refund on April 15 by direct deposit but I did not get it. My amended status is N/A.

Submitted return accepted by IRS on March 31.

Submitted amended return on April 6, IRS probably received by April 8-10.

Checked amended tax return status and see no record.

Checked tax refund status and saw that refund was disbursed on April 15 but I never received it.

I amended the return and I actually owe money. The IRS shows that they sent me money but I never received it. I can't tell what they are doing with my amended because it shows up as no record. When I amended my return, I sent in the amount that I owed.

Only thing I received on April 15 from the IRS was a $1200 stimulus check, which is separate and different from my refund from my original return.

What should I do? I'm confused by what's going on. Should I wait longer until my amended return shows up on the IRS website?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My tax return was accepted and then amended the return. IRS says it disbursed by refund on April 15 by direct deposit but I did not get it. My amended status is N/A.

Nothing you can do but wait until the IRS starts processing returns again.

The amended return should NOT have been mailed in until the IRS processed the original and you had the money in your hand.  Then the amount received on your amended return would have been true ... now the IRS needs to possibly correct your amended return so just sit still and wait until they get to your return. 

Thanks for your reply, you're always helping me.  But I did not receive any refund from the IRS even if they said they said they disbursed them. Doesn't that mean that nothing will need to be corrected?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies