Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How will I know when I will receive my refund when I mailed it in but TurboTax says that it is e-filed?

I filed married jointly and I’m a u.s. citizen and my spouse is a lawfully present resident In the state of Alabama.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How will I know when I will receive my refund when I mailed it in but TurboTax says that it is e-filed?

Not sure what is going on with your return-----did you try to e-file and was it rejected?   Why did you mail it?   And ----does TurboTax actually say you "e-filed" or does your account just say it was "filed", "printed"or "ready to mail?"   Does it say "accepted?"  

No matter how you filed, TurboTax never updates with information from the IRS.  Once you file your return, TT is done.  You have to watch the IRS refund site yourself to track your refund.   Mailed returns take longer.

Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2023 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It says congratulations you have finished your return with a refund of X amount and then below that it says ready to mail but I've already downloaded my state and federal and I've mailed them both in and have already paid what I owe to our state. I had to mail our returns because my husband does not have the proper identification that they require to e-file. He doesn't have a social, drivers license or even a state ID but I think that has a lot to do with where we live in the south and whether or not the person working at the courthouse wants to give him a state ID or not  b/c that’s what’s happen to us twice in the past of trying to get a state id for him but that's just my personal opinion on that matter.

TurboTax will never know that you put the return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  It will always say "ready to mail."   TT does not get any updates after you e-file or mail your return to the IRS.

You can use the IRS refund site to track your federal refund.  

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2023 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

(He doesn't have a social,").  Your spouse does not have a Social Security number?  Does he have an ITIN?   What filing status did you use?   How did you enter your spouse's information on the return?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies