neci2018

How long does it usually take to receive refund once the irs process your amended return?

macuser_22

Amended returns typically take 4-6 months to process.

neci2018

@macuser_22 They received it April 20,2020 and it just change to being processed as of yesterday. I called a week ago and they told me it was processed that week, not sure why the date online says Feb 5th..he said the check should come in 3-4 weeks but I have seen a few people who just updated also and they receive their refund today

macuser_22

@neci2018 wrote:

I was referring to a 2020 amended  return - you must be asking about 2019.

I said 'typically" .  2020 was not typical  because COVID totally shut the IRS down for 4 months and truck loads of mail were stored.   It has taken months to catch up with the mail and new mail keeps coming in - they are still not totally caught up.

neci2018

@macuser_22  yes Im talking about 2019. Yeah I know they are way behind because I should have been had it. I know the normal time frame. I was just wondering since they have started processing.