turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smc0901

How long does it take to recieve refund paper check to abroad once the irs has mailed it? I used Korea address because I'm in Korea now. the irs has been accepted already

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How long does it take to recieve refund paper check to abroad once the irs has mailed it? I used Korea address because I'm in Korea now. the irs has been accepted already

Checks that are mailed internationally will take a while longer to receive, after the IRS has processed your return. If you haven't received it within 45 days after they specify on Where’s My Refund website that they have mailed it, you need to contact the IRS by calling the International Taxpayer Service Call Center at 267-941-1000 (Monday-Friday, 6 am-11 pm EST). 

And more info can be found here if you are an international taxpayer Helpful Tips for Effectively Receiving a Tax Refund for Taxpayers Living Abroad

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Checks that are mailed internationally will take a while longer to receive, after the IRS has processed your return. If you haven't received it within 45 days after they specify on Where’s My Refund website that they have mailed it, you need to contact the IRS by calling the International Taxpayer Service Call Center at 267-941-1000 (Monday-Friday, 6 am-11 pm EST). 

And more info can be found here if you are an international taxpayer Helpful Tips for Effectively Receiving a Tax Refund for Taxpayers Living Abroad

I gather that this is valid for the stimulus check. System states that it is scheduled to be mailed on 24 April.

Any idea as to delivery time to Europe due to Covid19 delays? I checked in USPS site and Bulgaria is not on the 'can not mail to' list.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies