cdeeanna

How long do I have to wait on my money once I get the turbo tax prepaid card

TomK

Please note that the estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date that the e-file is successfully submitted AND accepted by the IRS – and not necessarily from the date the customer submits their return in TurboTax

The most accurate place to check your status is the IRS's Where's My Refund? site.

The IRS will hold all 2017 tax returns that have a tax refund which includes EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit until mid-February.  The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on 2/27/18.  if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2018-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-29-tax-returns-due-april-17-help-avai...

Note: The IRS starts processing stockpiled returns on January 29, 2018. A few returns will be processed up to a week before this date for testing purposes.  If your return is among those that the IRS processes early as part of its testing, your tax refund (if any) won't be processed until after January 29.

Tax Year 2017 Calendar: Important Dates and Deadlines