Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tia42602

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

Ugh! Accepted 2/5. Got letter to send form 8962. Sent that 3/5. Got 60 days needed for review letter dated 4/8. So I guess that means not to expect anything until 6/8?? WMR site says "still being processed". Can't get transcripts b/c I moved and address changed. Called IRS and rep said all of my "errors were resolved" just no DDD is listed and to wait original 8 weeks given which technically is 5/5. This is all so confusing and so ridiculous.
tia42602

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

Glad @debskain shows light at the end of the tunnel though.

@debskain Yes I received a up to 60 more days later. Was accepted the 29th about 2-3 weeks later WMR said it had been delayed. I figured it said that because of the PATH act or whatever with the EIC credit.. then after about 2 weeks of that WMR moved back to saying  processing (all the bars gone) and received my 60 day letter a few days after it moved back to processing. I called and they assured it was not being kept for student loans (as a ton of people never got their refund due to owing on those) because mine are current and on a payment plan. That they just needed additional time... This is ridiculous!! I'm a single mom who depends on my refund everything is the same as last year  other then amounts on my W-2 (employment, dependents etc) I just don't understand this delay. Couldn't have a party for my child's bday and can't afford to send her on her field trip now it's breaking my heart having to push everything back... Yet turbo tax was quick to debit my account for 89 bucks the other day knowin damn well so many of their customers are just stuck hanging.

@mfennell81  do you have your expected refund amount to the left of your "still processing" message on the WMR site?

@debskain yes my expected refund amount still shows on the left under my SS and filing status

To me that's a good sign. I'm keeping best thoughts that Wednesday the 24th it will change for you.
m-stec

My 60 Days is up 6/12.  I can order transcripts just no refund info. Still saying no information available with code 152 and 9001. I. Have petty much resigned myself that my refund will Now be probably be more of a Christmas Club.  But I will say this - last year ( my 9th year ) with TT

I'm assuming you looked up the 9001.
Your transcripts will have codes at the bottom with dates, description and monetary values.
It's very telling. I had 4/15 as a date next to my codes that dealt with my refund amounts. They released my hold the 15th and issued my DD for the 19th.
The 9001 doesn't seem to be much other than a technical issue on their side.
But the codes from transcripts are def more telling. I've had my transcripts mailed 3 times since January just to check for any changes.
I know I will approach my tax return completely different in the future. I've learned a big lesson and trust me I'm too old to be learning this kind of lesson. 😉

How exactly do i order transcripts? Amd where on the transcript is the code? And how does one interpret the code? If you dont mind.

The link above is where to either get your transcripts online or if not possible you can order by mail. Mail takes about 5 business days.
This is the link on how to read your codes;
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://igotmyrefund.com/irs-transaction-codes-and-error-codes/">https://igotmyrefund.com/irs-transa...>
You'll also see a cycle code date.
Are this link;
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.google.com/amp/s/igotmyrefund.com/irs-cycle-code/amp/">https://www.google.com/amp/s/igot...>

I haven't received a letter from the irs yet, but it's been over 21 days so I called them and they told me that my account is under review and they need until June 13th (I was accepted on Mar 20th) and they also told me I might be receiving something in the mail.... no reason as to why. After reading this thread I did request my transcripts, maybe that will give me some kind of answer.
This is super frustrating though

Same i got the exact same letters. & all the lady said i could get between now til may 7th for the 60th day review but i was wondering will i receive exactly the day of the end of the review or will we be given a date on the 60th day then wait for that date to receive it again.

My 45th day was april 24th to receive something but my 60th day is May 7th so fingers crossed anywhere between there

@alexmart452  my 45th day from my letter would have been April 24th. But, I have my $$ in the back as of this morning. @lilangelgurl76  it is frustrating. I feel your pain. Let us know what transcript codes are and the dates next to those codes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies