Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tara1177

How does my third stimulus direct deposit that I received in 2021 affect my taxes?

I was expecting money back for my taxes but I ended up owing $145.  

I called turbo tax and they had told me it was because I had received a stimulus check via direct deposit in December. I’m still feeling unsure about this.

I had received two other direct deposits in 2021 as well.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How does my third stimulus direct deposit that I received in 2021 affect my taxes?

There was a total of 3 stimulus checks sent out.  The IRS has changed your return not TurboTax.  You should receive a letter from the IRS stating what they did to change your return amount.   It can take the letter 3 to 6 weeks to receive and it will give you information about the change and what to do if you don't agree with it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

There was a total of 3 stimulus checks sent out.  The IRS has changed your return not TurboTax.  You should receive a letter from the IRS stating what they did to change your return amount.   It can take the letter 3 to 6 weeks to receive and it will give you information about the change and what to do if you don't agree with it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies