You can verify the that the direct debit was set up by following the steps below:
- Sign into your Online account
- Go to My TurboTax on the top left
- Then select My Tax Timeline.
- Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets
- If this is for a federal tax payment, the information is found on the Federal Information Worksheet Part V.
- If this is a state payment the information is found on the State Information Worksheet Part V- Direct Deposit Information or Direct Debit Information.
During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS/State.
Due to high e-filing volume, it can take a few more days to process the payment and then it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.
No worries; as long as you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.
You can verify your bank statements to confirm if the payment has been deducted. If it has been more than 10 days call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate for assistance in verifying the scheduled debit date.