• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robnmeyer

How do I change my tax documents that I "filed" by downloading as a PDF to mail, but haven't mailed, without having to go through a formal amendment process?

5 Replies
WilliamH
Level 2

How do I change my tax documents that I "filed" by downloading as a PDF to mail, but haven't mailed, without having to go through a formal amendment process?

If you have not mailed your tax return then you have not filed it yet. So you do not need to amend. Just make your changes in the program and print to mail the updated return.

robnmeyer

It would seem that this is how it should work, but I just have a big banner that says "Way to Go!  You filed your taxes for 2018" with no option to make any changes (since indeed I haven't filed them).
robnmeyer

The taxes are in "Ready to Mail" status
WilliamH
Level 2

Choose the "Add a state" option to get back into your return.
robnmeyer

Perfect.  Thanks.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v