Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smurrayuu

How do I change my return on the web site (fix a mistake)? I have not filed it yet. I plan to mail it in.

Looked at help and I don't find a Tools tab on the drop down to get to the preview.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I change my return on the web site (fix a mistake)? I have not filed it yet. I plan to mail it in.

You can use the steps here below to jump to 1099-MISC summary screen and delete the ones you don't need. You can also use the same steps to jump to screen to add 1099-MISCs.

• Type 1099misc in the Search box in the top right corner
  • Choose jump to 1099misc and this will take you to the 1099-MISCS Summary screen if you have already entered them. 
  • You can then just click Delete next to the ones you don't need or all of them. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Do you see the orange "Take me to my return" button?" And what are you needing to change? I can try and provide steps for you to get to that section to fix errors.
smurrayuu

I do not have a button. That is what I need - just a way to get into the return. I accidentally created two of the the same 1099-misc and need to delete one.

Okay, do you see "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" on the page you are viewing? If so, you should be able to click on "Add a state" (not actually adding one) and that will get you back inside the return. Let me know if that works.
smurrayuu

Yea, I got back in. Thank you!
smurrayuu

Having hard time with correcting. I really would like to just delete and start over. How can I totally delete out these SE 1099-misc?

You are welcome. See steps below for how to delete the 1099-Misc

You can use the steps here below to jump to 1099-MISC summary screen and delete the ones you don't need. You can also use the same steps to jump to screen to add 1099-MISCs.

• Type 1099misc in the Search box in the top right corner
  • Choose jump to 1099misc and this will take you to the 1099-MISCS Summary screen if you have already entered them. 
  • You can then just click Delete next to the ones you don't need or all of them. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies