llamaoflife1234

How do I cancel / amend a 1099-MISC that I filed in August '17 via QEF (Quick Employer Forms) intended for the tax year '17 - but the forms were dated 2016?

Background: In August 2017 I paid a contractor over $600.  Also in August 2017 I used Q.E.F. to create and file a 1099-MISC without noticing that the form was for 2016 instead of 2017.  The contractor noticed the mistake.

QEF currently "is not available" and "will be back soon": https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/businessHome.htm.

I assume I just foolishly ignored that that forms were for the previous year?

Yeah ... sorry but the 2017 forms will not be out until 2018. 

Answered by TurboTaxJuliaJ to this question

bad link replaced with instructions