Solved: How do I amend? I filed a basic 1040 with standard deductions. I have received a 1099-Q and need to add this income. There is not an option for this using Amend feature.

How do I amend? I filed a basic 1040 with standard deductions. I have received a 1099-Q and need to add this income. There is not an option for this using Amend feature.

I think it is because I did not file form with deductions.  But that does not explain how to amend.

You may not need to amend.

You can just not report the 1099-Q, at all, if your student-beneficiary has sufficient educational expenses, including room & board (even if he lives at home) to cover the distribution. When the box 1 amount on form 1099-Q is fully covered by expenses, TurboTax will enter nothing about the 1099-Q on the actual tax forms, including form 1040X (amendment).

Try using this FAQ to help you locate where to enter it: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3060986-where-do-i-enter-a-1099-q">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questio...>

You may not need to amend.