If you have not filed your return you can delete the W-2:
To add your W-2 to your return, you will do the following:
- Log into your TurboTax Online account, or open your return in TurboTax Desktop.
- Click to Continue your return or choose Take me to my return
- Click on Federal Taxes (choose the option labeled: I'll choose what I will work on, if offered)
- Click on Wages & Salaries
- Click to indicate that you want to add a W-2
If you have already filed your return, you'll need to wait for your tax return to either be rejected or accepted, if it is rejected you can add your additional Form W-2, correct any other errors on the return and resubmit it. If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return to include the additional Form W-2.
Please be aware that Form 1040X will not be available to prepare in TurboTax until mid-February, but once it is available, you will be able to prepare and print your amended return so that you can mail it to the IRS. You cannot e-file an amended return as this cannot be filed electronically. The form is only filed on paper, so it will need to be printed and filed by mail.
Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to amend your 2016 tax return in TurboTax.
Have you already filed your return?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"