Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

evanemile

How come I put in $12667 in taxes and have two kids and another dependent and I’m only receiving $2600 back in refund

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How come I put in $12667 in taxes and have two kids and another dependent and I’m only receiving $2600 back in refund

We cannot see your tax return.  You have not mentioned the ages of the children.   You do not get child tax credit for a child older than 16.   We do not know who the "other dependent" is.   

What do you mean by "I put in $12,667 in taxes?"   Is that how much was withheld from your paychecks?  Is that in box 2 of a W-2?

You probably need to talk to your "live" expert to sort this out.

You posted your question from a version of online Live software.  If you are really using that “Live” software you can get help from your “expert.”

You are posting from TurboTax Live.  You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies