Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I write a letter or email to TurboTax?

An attempt was made to create a fake Turbotax account in my name with my SS number. Turbotax flagged it and deleted the fake account. Unfortunately, they also deleted my old account and deleted all of my previous year's documents. Talking to them on the phone is useless as no one knows how to fix this and I have spent a couple of hours trying. I have no need for Turbotax if I can't get at my previous returns.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If your account is deleted, writing a letter will not help.  I am sorry that this happened to you but you will need to start over with a new account.

Yes, I already have a new account. What I need is all of my old tax returns and documents that were stored in the document section. I have lost all of my hard copies and need to get them downloaded again.

@Username5274691 Email is not a way to contact TurboTax.   Talk with customer support.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Since they have been deleted, there will not be a way to get them back.  It is like calling the garbage department and asking them to return something that you threw out by accident.  You can get copies of your old returns from the IRS for about $40 each.

If TT cannot find them or help you recover them---and they may not be able to if they are really deleted---then get copies from the IRS:

You can get a free transcript from the IRS or for a fee of $43, an actual copy of your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If your account was fully deleted, then we cannot recover the data. However if it has been within 72 hours the data team can stop it. This would not be something we can do, it would need to be done over the phone by support. 

Please click here and ask to stop data deletion. @Username5274691 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies