leif-thejcrew-ne

How can I tell if my amended tax return was processed by the IRS?

I amended my tax return because I put in some info incorrectly, which made me ineligible for receiving the third stimulus check (I am eligible for it). I corrected it in the amended version, but it has been a month and there has been no update on whether or not I am going to receive the stimulus. I checked the IRS online "Get my payment" app, but it says that they have no info for me, and all I see on my tax home is that the amended federal e-file has the status of "accepted" but no info as to whether I am going to receive the third stimulus check. I was wondering if it is possible that my amended file hasn't been processed yet, or there is some other issue that is causing it to be held up.

It takes the RS about six months to process an amended return, so do not expect quick results when you amend.  Eventually  you will be able to see your amended return on this site:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

As for Stimulus #3, the IRS is sending these out in batches, and will continue to do so as the year progresses.