Solved: How can I stop the e-filing of my federal return? I already filed that one with another program?

How can I stop the e-filing of my federal return? I already filed that one with another program?

I e-filed my federal return with another program and only wanted Turbotax to e-file my state.  How will this work when the government gets my federal again?

If you filed your federal return already with a different program and accidentally tried to file your federal with TurboTax again all that will happen is that the 2nd return send (with TurboTax) will get rejected by the IRS. The IRS only accepts the first return with the same SSN and name, it doesn't accept a second return. The first return will get processed as usual. 

AND you cannot e-file a state return unless your federal return is successfully e-filed and accepted.  So using TurboTax for this is not going to work out for you unless you print, sign and mail the state return.