Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pgk313

How can I remove the $24.99 "maximum refund guarantee" fee from the Downloaded Mac Deluxe version (the only answers I can find address the online version)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I remove the $24.99 "maximum refund guarantee" fee from the Downloaded Mac Deluxe version (the only answers I can find address the online version)?

I just filed my return with the Mac version and saw exactly what you saw.

However, when I proceeded to the payment section there was only the $24.99 fee for state filing. The max refund fee wasn't there.

I advise trying to file and pay. You may see the same thing, or if it reappears at checkout hopefully there will be an option to delete it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I just filed my return with the Mac version and saw exactly what you saw.

However, when I proceeded to the payment section there was only the $24.99 fee for state filing. The max refund fee wasn't there.

I advise trying to file and pay. You may see the same thing, or if it reappears at checkout hopefully there will be an option to delete it.

pgk313

Thanks!  After I posted the question, I decided to try to proceed to the payment section - and had the same experience as you - the max refund fee wasn't there.  Thanks for your response!
CA_mom
Returning Member

Thank you!! That worked.  The Review screen in TT had an extra "maximum guarantee" fee, but when I went to pay with a credit card, the charge was only for the state filing.  Don't know if they would take out the extra fee if it was authorized out of the refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies