Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I print a 2020 tax return, no state return, Deluxe Federal edition, all it sends to the pdf is the first 2 pages for instructions.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How can I print a 2020 tax return, no state return, Deluxe Federal edition, all it sends to the pdf is the first 2 pages for instructions.

Follow this procedure for a prior year tax return.  The PDF will include both the federal and state tax returns.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2023 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

[Old Version] TurboTax Deluxe 2020 Desktop Tax Software, Federal Returns Only + Federal E-file [Amazon Exclusive]

The PDFs do NOT show any tax info other than the 2 pages

This is the version I used, I did login to Turbo Tax but it does not show up  [Old Version] TurboTax Deluxe 2020 Desktop Tax Software, Federal Returns Only + Federal E-file [Amazon Exclusive] [PC Download]

All I see are the 2 pages, I can see them in forms, but nothing will print

Did you use the Desktop program or the Online web version?  If you used the Desktop program your return is only on your computer and not saved or stored online, even if you efiled it though Turbo Tax.  

So if you didn't save your return as the pdf file when you filed it you need to open your return in your Desktop program to print or save the pdf.  Do you have the .tax2020 file on your computer?  

If you can't open the .tax2020 file on your computer,  you could try the TaxPrinter service to convert a .tax file to pdf at
https://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth. They are not related to Turbo Tax. I see it says federal is $44.99 and Federal + state is $79.99.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies