turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get a new replacement check for an expired federal refund check sent from Santa Barbara Tax Products Group?

In 2018, after I filed my 2017 taxes, I received a Cashier's Check from Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, attached to a letter that read:

"Dear Sir or Madam,
We were unable to complete a deposit of your 2017 federal (and state, if applicable) income tax using the dsignated account information. As a result, your refund minus authorized fees is being disbursed to you via this cashier's check. If you have questions about your refund, please call Santa Barbara Tax Products Group at (800) 717-7228."

Due to life circumstances I did not discover that I had received this check for several months, and by the time I realized I had it, it had expired.  It's value is about $2000... nothing to blink at.  I have tried calling the number on the letter they sent me, but none of the automated questions and answers helped me.
What can I do to get my federal refund, given that it has already been processed by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

How can I get a new replacement check for an expired federal refund check sent from Santa Barbara Tax Products Group?

You will need to contact SBTPG directly.  When you get to the automated questions, you will select 2 (after the language question) and then enter your social security number and go from there.  Also, try this number as well: 877.901.5646

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies