turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get a copy of my 2017 1040x form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It depends on when and how you prepared the 2017 amended return.

If you prepared the 2017 amended return prior to November 2018 when 2017 online TurboTax was still operational, then the 1040X should be in the 2017 PDF available in your online account in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."    If you try to download the PDF, and access to the return is locked, we can tell you how to pay to unlock it.   Typically that involves upgrading a 2018 Free Edition return to PLUS and paying 19.99  by credit/debit card.  We can tell you all the steps.

If you amended the 2017 return AFTER online TurboTax shut down for that tax year, then you would have had to do so in downloaded "amend software" on your computer.  In that case, any 2017 tax files containing the Form 1040X would be stored on your computer.

srgrant

i need a copy of my 2017 1040x form for my student loan deadline for this form is today

@srgrant 

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies