Solved: How can I amend my return if it's in filed status?...

ryancollins1231

How can I amend my return if it's in filed status? When I filed, I hadn't received the stimulus yet, I just checked my account and it's there.

PaulaM

If you have already filed for 2020, then you have to wait until the IRS processes the return to amend to make the correction. There is a possibility that the IRS will adjust the return and then no amendment will be necessary. Or if the IRS rejects your return, then you can make the correction at that point.

PaulaM